The Version One annual State of Agile report is one of our most anticipated events each year. One might be tempted to write this report off since it is produced by a vendor. And while we admit we do see a smidge of natural bias towards their own products, the population sample size is large enough to yield interesting and valuable trend information that reflects what we’re also seeing in the market as well.
Our top 5 takeaways from the 11th Annual State of Agile Report:
- Agile software tools are [finally;] taking over for simple electronic lists and spreadsheets
- Companies are beginning to formally measure business value delivered
- Scrum rituals (short sprints, daily standups, sprint reviews & retros) are the most widely adopted agile techniques
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is the top “packaged” agile framework being used today
- Company culture friction continues to be the biggest challenge to adopting agile
At 17 pages, the report provides plenty of details on what’s working in practice and contains tons of actionable insight for organizations, coaches, and teams looking to gain traction or improve their practices. We highly recommend you download it and give it a read. You can find it here.